Class Open - Register Now
I can't tell you how excited I am to share my Tiny Bags of Love workshop with you!
I've fallen head over heels in love with teabags and for the past 4 years, I have been painting mini portraits on them. It's been a delightful discovery and an incredible journey of love for these tiny, delicate but strong little substrates. Tiny but strong - such perfect pairing!
I hope you will join me, as I share my passion for this unique and rewarding method of creative expression!
This is a self-paced class and all videos will be downloadable.
Register Now $57
Current student's work
PROJECT 1 - THE FACE IMAGINED
In this project, we will be painting several portraits intuitively using Mixed Media.
I will have some creative homework assignments to keep you tapping into the intuitive as well!
PROJECT 2 - THE FACE OBSERVED
Here, I will be showing you how to paint several portraits using references. By using references, it helps keep your work edgy and fresh, while honing your observation skills.
More great homework assignments to keep you practicing the art of seeing.
PROJECT 3 - TEA BAG JOURNAL
In this unique project, we will create our own Tiny Teabag Journal! I'll show you how to fill it with portraits, mini stories and so much love.
We will make two very simple but beautiful journals!
PROJECT 4 - CREATIVE PLAY
Let's discover together some fun ways to creatively play with teabags...
I'll show you some very unique ideas on how to work with the magical tea bag! You're going to be delighted!
Classroom Now OPEN!
What will you learn in this class?
I WILL BE GUIDING YOU THROUGH SEVERAL TOPICS AND TECHNIQUES SUCH AS:
- Choosing your tea bags and how to prepare them
- Expressive, intuitive portrait painting
- Painting portraits using reference
- How to incorporate your mixed media materials with tea bags
- How to construct a precious tea bag journal
- Finding inspiration
- Creating a series of paintings
- Collage techniques with paper and tea bags
- Creating unique tea bag art that is meaningful and personal to you
- and MORE...
What kind of supplies do I need for this workshop?
Please use what you HAVE! It is not my intention at all to have you purchase everything on the list. Buy only what you think you will use. There are a number of essential materials needed as noted below but many things can be substituted. Let me know if you have questions.
- Variety of different teabags*
- Brown, black, blue Stabilo Marks All pencils
- Paper Ephemera for Teabag journal and Creative Play project*
- Small old book or two* (from the antique or thrift store)
- Acrylic paints*
- Small set of watercolors*
- Inktense pencils
- #2 and #4 paint brushes*
- Glue or Regular Gel Medium*
*Essential for this class